Undergraduate Pathway: Education
Foundation and First Year Degree Entry both available
Education is a forward-looking, research-led discipline concerned with policy and practice from a global perspective. It is a rapidly growing area of study that draws on the disciplines of psychology, philosophy, history and the social sciences to focus on understanding how people learn and how structures of education operate to foster life-long learning and personal development.
Designed for both UK/EU and international students, our BA (Hons) Education programme considers education in a wide context, not just within formal primary and secondary school settings, but also Further/Higher Education, social services, local and national government, and education within the community.
A degree in education provides excellent preparation for students wishing to pursue a wide-range of professional careers. For further information please refer to the ‘Careers and Employability’ section.
Pathways at Swansea University
|Stage 1: University Foundation|
£13,950 (2 Semesters)
£16,300 (3 Semesters) subject to approval
|Stage 2: First Year Degree|
|Stage 3: Second Year Degree|
|Stage 4: Final Year Degree|
Stage 1: Two semesters
Stage 2: Two semesters
Stage 1: September, November and January
Stage 2: September
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Welfare Across the Globe
- Composition and Style
- Introduction to Constitutional Principals
- Critical Thinking
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Mass Communication
- Principles of ICT
Stage 2: First Year Degree in Education
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communications (ILSC) (worth 20 credits)
- Academic Support (Tutorial Classes)
- Composition and Style
* Stated Swansea University course fees are a guide only and are subject to change. The current Swansea University course fee for BA (Hons) Political Communication is £13,300 per annum. For the most up-to-date fee listings, please visit www.swansea.ac.uk
Swansea University Degree pathways
- BA (Hons) Education
- BSc (Hons) Education and Computing
- BSc (Hons) Education and Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Education and Psychology
A degree in education is an excellent foundation for many types of careers, including;
- Play therapy
- Early years teaching
- Education administration
Community development work
Local authority roles
Community education welfare and education publishing.
Graduates may also enter jobs in education departments in museums, galleries and theatres, local and national government and in social services.
Please note: Achievement of this qualification alone does not confer Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).