Undergraduate Pathway: Accounting and Finance
Foundation and First Year Degree Entry both available
The scheme provides students who have an interest in accounting (or accounts) or finance with a solid academic background which will prepare them for the workplace or postgraduate training. Students will acquire key technical accounting and finance skills and will also develop their knowledge of a broad range of topics which will enable them not only to understand financial information but also how to link it to broader decision making.
The Accounting and Finance programme at Swansea University can provide up to 9 exemptions from the ACCA professional accreditation, the maximum exemptions available from a UK academic degree.
Pathways at Swansea University
|Stage 1: University Foundation|
£9,950 (1 Semester)
£14,550 (2 Semesters)
£17,500 (3 Semesters)
|Stage 2: First Year Degree|
£14,950 (2 Semesters)
|Stage 3: Second Year Degree|
|Stage 4: Final Year Degree|
Stage 1: One, Two or Three semesters depending on your academic background and English language qualifications.
Stage 2: Two, three or four semesters depending on your English language qualifications.
Stage 1: September, November, January and May
Stage 2: September, November and January
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Business Studies
- Composition and Style**
- Critical Thinking**
- Interactive learning Skills and Communication 1
- Principles of ICT
- English Portfolio***
** Extra modules only taught as part of 2 semester foundation only.
*** Only students studying the three semester foundation study this module.
Stage 2: First Year Degree in Accounting and Finance (three and four semesters options available)
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communications
- Maths for Accounting, Finance & Economics
- Foundations of Financial Accounting
- Marketing & Strategy
- Economics for Business, Accounting & Finance
- Statistics for Accounting, Finance & Economics
- Managing People & Operations
- Foundations of Management Accounting
* Stated Swansea University course fees are a guide only and are subject to change. For the most up-to-date fee listings, please visit www.swansea.ac.uk
Swansea University Degree pathways
- Government work
- Actuarial work