At ICWS we recognise the importance of safe and comfortable student accommodation. Our student residences give students the security of knowing they are choosing a safe, clean and secure accommodation that suits the needs of the modern student. For all enquiries regarding accommodation please contact

Accommodation prices in Swansea are among the cheapest in the UK and with the variety of options available we are certain you will find your ideal 'home away from home' while studying at ICWS.

For more information about cost of living why not try the UKCISA student calculator -

Accommodation Team

Claire Jones and Lauren Thomas are here to help all ICWS students arrange their arrival and accommodation in Swansea. Whether you are looking for private accommodation or a room in our halls of residence, the team will help you find what you are looking for. Contact them on

Claire Jones
Student Services Coordinator

Lauren Thomas
Student Services Officer


General accommodation FAQ

What are the accommodation options available and how do I book them?

ICWS offers accommodation in student residences. Once you have accepted an offer to study at ICWS you may then wish to ask the College to arrange your accommodation. To book accommodation in the halls of residence you will need to complete the booking form and pay £1050 reservation payment in advance see below for ICWS bank details.

You can pay your accommodation fees via:

Please note that payments made by a credit card or international debit card can only be made in person and will incur a 3% charge.

ICWS bank details
Bank Name: Citibank London
Account name: International College Wales Limited
Account address: Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB, United Kingdom
Branch sort code: 18-50-08
Account number: 11971948
IBAN: GB65CITI 18500811971948
SWIFT CITIGB2L (Citibank London)

Are there any catered accommodation options available at ICWS?

No, all the accommodation options are self-catered. Kitchen facilities are provided in student residences and alternative accommodation so that students can cook their own food. Self-catering is by far the cheapest option in the UK, and what the majority of UK students will do. It is expected that you contribute towards the cleaning and tidying of the kitchens. You must leave them as you found them.

Where is the accommodation located?

Student residences are located in the city centre with excellent transport links to ICWS.
Alternative accommodation varies depending on whether you want to live in shared student houses or individual student flats. Shared student houses are located in Swansea's bustling city centre or in the friendly Brynmill and Uplands area surrounding the University campus. Privately rented flats are mainly based around the beautiful Swansea Marina or the city centre.

Can I smoke in my property?

You cannot smoke in your home if you live in any form of student residences or alternative accommodation. In the UK you can smoke outdoors, as long as you are more than 5 metres away from any building and in areas that are not 'substantially enclosed'. However, some places do have a smoke-free policy, like train platforms and sports stadiums.

Are pets allowed?


Can I arrive at my accommodation a couple of days before the start of my contract?

If you arrive before the start of your contract you will need to stay in a hotel until your accommodation is ready. If you are arriving early please contact the accommodation team on who will be happy to help you arrange a hotel for your first few nights in Swansea.

What happens if my arrival details change?

It is vital to contact if any of your arrival details change. The arrivals and accommodation team will then be able to help you amend any of your airport pick up bookings.

Where is the nearest supermarket?

In Swansea you are never more than a 10 minute walk from a mini-market. In the city centre there are 2 major super markets as well as other smaller food outlets. St Helens Road has a wide selection of ethnic food shops where you can find a wide range of traditional foods from all around the world.

Where can I buy a bus pass?

Students can get bus passes for 1 term, 2 terms or they can get an annual bus pass. You can find out the prices here. Bus passes are bought from the SU Travel Shop, on the ground floor of Fulton House located on the campus.

Who can I talk to if I have problems?

The accommodation team at ICWS are always here to help. Either come into the office at ICWS to meet with the accommodation team or send them an email via

What time can I access Student Services?

The Student Services office is open from 8.30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. If you wish to make an appointment with a member of the accommodation team please e-mail them on

Can I contact other ICWS students before I arrive?

Why not log onto one of our social media accounts - or to chat with fellow ICWS students?

Are there laundry facilities available?

In student residences the laundry facilities are pay-as-you-go.
In alternative accommodation, most properties contain shared laundry facilities at no extra cost

Can I bring a TV?

Students prefer to use their laptop or computer to watch TV in the UK. Please note that if you intend to watch television on your computer you will need a TV licence. Please see the TV Licensing site for more details.

How do I get my Llys Glas Damage Deposit refunded?

When you initially moved in, you paid a £250 damage deposit for Llys Glas. This means that if anything is found to be broken, damaged or missing when you leave, the cost of this item will be recovered from your damage deposit. Your refund will be credited to your ICWS account, however if you want it to be credited to your personal account then you will need to request it by completing an ICWS Refund Request Form. You can either hand the ICWS refund request form into ICWS Reception or email it to